High School Equivalency Testing at Columbia State
HiSET and GED
The state of Tennessee has chosen the HiSET program as an alternative option for earning a high school equivalency credential, the HSE. Testing can only be administered in an approved testing facility. The HiSET is available on paper and on the computer and must be administered by certified testing staff. The test is not available over the internet. Candidates must first contact the Adult Education office to prepare for testing, take an official practice test and register for the official test. Candidates will need an account in HiSET to schedule and pay for testing. The Adult Education office will assist with this in preparation for the official test. Information about the HiSET test is available at http://hiset.ets.org/requirements/tn.
The GED program is not offered in the state of Tennessee. Beware of websites soliciting GED diploma programs. These are usually expensive, are not accredited and are not approved as an official diploma. Approved diplomas are not offered online.
The State of Tennessee Division of Adult Education requires individuals to take an Official Practice Test before scheduling the official HSE test. For additional information regarding Adult Education in the State of Tennessee https://www.tn.gov/workforce/jobs-and-education/adult-education/high-school-equivalency/about-adult-education.html.
HiSET Test Dates:
- Friday, July 13, 2018, Lewisburg Campus (computer-based)
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Columbia Campus (computer-based)
- Thursday, July 19, 2018, Williamson Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, July 20, 2018, Lawrence Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, August 3, 2018, Lewisburg Campus (computer-based)
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018, Columbia Campus (computer-based)
- Thursday, August 16, 2018, Williamson Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, August 17, 2018, Lawrence Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, September 7, 2018, Lewisburg Campus (computer-based)
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018, Columbia Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, September 14, 2018, Williamson Campus (computer-based)
- Friday, September 21, 2018, Lawrenceburg Campus (computer-based)
*You can schedule your HiSET test online through your HiSET account
or by calling ETS Customer Service at 1-855-694-4738. NOTE: You must
contact ETS Customer Service to schedule your appointment if you: (a)
have a disability or health-related need and require testing
accommodations or, (b) are paying for your exam with a voucher.
Request for Transcript:
You may request a copy of your official transcript by registering at www.DiplomaSender.com. To learn more, click here: GED/HiSET Transcript Request.
Links for More Information:
(all preparation links on both the GED® and HiSET® websites)