Are You an…
Definition: You are not an U.S. citizen and are interested in obtaining an F1 student visa and working toward a degree with us.
With campuses spread throughout Middle Tennessee (including one in Williamson County), Columbia State is perfectly suited to not only educate students from the international community, but also to provide them a unique experience in the heart of one of the United States’ most beautiful regions. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just eight steps away!
- Complete an Application, either:
- Online - currently unavailable. International students should complete the paper application below.
- Paper (can be printed or picked up at any of our 5 campus locations)
- English Proficiency Test
- All applicants whose native language is not English must submit official English proficiency test results taken within the last two years.
- Request Transcripts
- Request that your official college and secondary school transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Request ACT/SAT Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Tests need to have been taken within the last three (3) years.
- Complete Medical Form
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR) form for all exceptions.
- Verification of freedom from tuberculosis (TB) through a TB skin test and or chest X-ray.
- Please note—results must be from within the last three (3) years.
- Submit Declaration Form
- All international applicants must prove that they have sufficient funds to cover all tuition, fees and living expenses while a student at Columbia State Community College for their first year.
- All documents should be submitted to the Admissions and Recruitment Office and must be in English with balances specifically stated in U.S. dollars (USD). There is no financial aid available for non-immigrant students.
- Medical and Hospitalization Insurance
- Receive Acceptance
- A letter of acceptance will be mailed to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.