The Tennessee Highway Safety Training Center
In 2012, Columbia State received a grant from the Governor’s Highway Safety Office (GHSO) to train law enforcement officers across the state by offering continuing education courses in traffic safety enforcement and investigation.
These courses add many additional traffic safety training courses provided through the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Officers Association
(TLETOA). All GHSO grant-funded courses are offered tuition-free to Tennessee law enforcement officers.
The Tennessee Highway Safety Training Center will facilitate the following 10 POST-approved class types:
- RADAR/Lidar Operations
- Strategies and Tactics of Patrol Stops (STOPS)
- At Scene Traffic Crash Investigation
- Advanced Traffic Crash Investigation
- Auto/Pedestrian Crash Investigation
- Utilizing Digital Photography at Crash Scenes
- Motorcycle Awareness and Safety Training for Law Enforcement
- Traffic Crash Reconstruction
- Law Enforcement Instructor Development
- Developing a Departmental Traffic Safety Program
Registration and course descriptions for GHSO classes can be found at www.tntrafficsafety.org.
Questions about the program or training may be directed to the Center director, Jon Brady, at 931.540.2687 or jbrady12@ColumbiaState.edu