Parking Motor Vehicle Registration
- All vehicles driven by students on all Columbia State Campuses MUST be registered with the college. Students secure parking permits through the Office of Student Services. The DRIVER of a vehicle not properly registered with a current permit is subject to a fine.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff secure their permits through
the Office of Human Resources. The DRIVER of a vehicle not properly
registered with a current permit is subject to a fine.
Parking decals are to be applied to the lower right corner of the car's windshield.
General Parking Regulations
- Rules of courtesy and safety require that all drivers refrain from blocking entrances, exits, or walkways.
- Valuables and keys should NOT be left in vehicles.
- Pedestrian traffic has the right of way.
- Campus speed limit is 20 M.P.H. or less according to rules of courtesy and safety.
- In case of an accident, notify Campus security, if available. Local police may investigate campus vehicle accidents. Students attending any of the Columbia State other campuses should contact Security and/or employees in the main office at their respective campus.
Violations and Fines
Students and employees who do not park in the appropriate designated areas are subject to receiving a parking violation fine. All fines are payable to the college. All fines double, if not paid before the semester ends. The fine for disabled/handicapped parking is established by state law and will increase as needed to stay in compliance. Student records will be encumbered until all fines are cleared. All appeals are to be made within five (5) working days following the date the parking fine was received. Columbia campus appeals are made to the Associate Vice President for Student Services. Appeals made by students and employees attending Columbia State extended campuses are reported to the main extended campus office.
Types and Amounts of Fines
No Decal - $25.00
(Student, Faculty or Staff)
- No Parking -$15.00
- Visitor Parking - $10.00
- Faculty/Staff Parking - $10.00
- Disabled/Handicap Parking -$200.00
(State Law-No Exceptions)
Procedure for Paying Fines
Students and employees in Columbia will make payment to the Business Services cashier. Students and employees attending Columbia State extended campuses will make payment to the main office at their respective campus.
Parking Regulations for the Columbia Campus
- Visitors may park in designated areas in front of the Pryor Administration building.
- Visitor parking permits should be secured from the Office of Student Services for conferences and extended visits.
- White lines designate student parking spaces. Student parking lots are located north of the Library, north of the Clement and Warf buildings, west of the Jones Student Center, south of the Clement Building, and west of the Hickman building.
- Cycles should be parked in designated spaces on campus.
- Blue lines designate faculty and staff parking spaces.
- Spaces for persons with disabilities are provided in front of the Webster Athletic Center, south of the Clement building, in front of the Pryor Administration Building, west of the Jones Student Center building, in front of the Health Sciences building, and west of the Hickman building.
Parking Regulations for Columbia State Extended Campuses
Decal distribution, payment of fines, and/or parking violation appeals are all processed by employees in the main office at each extended campus. Any questions regarding designated parking zones, replacement decals, etc., should be directed as follows:
| Clifton Campus || 931.676.6966 |
| Lawrence County Campus || 931-766-1600 |
| Lewisburg Campus || 931-359-0351 |
| Williamson County Campus || 615-790-4400 |