The Alumni Advisory Council
The Alumni Advisory Council is an important component in establishing a true connection between Columbia State and its alumni. To increase alumni engagement, council members will be a voice for alumni from their communities and serve as ambassadors for the Alumni Office and Columbia State. The role of an advisory council includes the following activities:
- Staying abreast of the latest happenings at Columbia State
- Enhance the ongoing work of the Office of Alumni Relations, as it relates to future alums and alumni at large.
- Identify and support growth opportunities
- Suggest creative ways to utilize community resources
- Be aware of and communicate alumni/community concerns, challenges, opportunities and trends
- Promote Columbia State through positive relations within the community with an emphasis on engaging alumni.
- Utilize member talents to participate in College initiatives to strengthen alumni relations
- Serve as alumni representatives at Columbia State events
Council membership will be made up of representatives that reside in the nine-county service area, alumni currently living outside of the region, and by alumni who are employed as Columbia State Faculty and staff. Members may serve for three years.
Alumni may apply to serve on the council or be nominated to serve. Membership will be reviewed by the Office of Alumni Relations and the Office of Advancement in consult with the Office of the President.
The Alumni Relations Advisory Council will meet three times a year and as needed. All members are expected to participate in each of the meetings (in person, or in some circumstances, via some other communication tool such as internet, phone, etc.). Meetings will be held annually in May, August and November.
If you are interested in serving on the Alumni Advisory Council, or would like to nominate someone for the council, download an application
and submit it the Office of Alumni Relations, c/o Molly Cochran, 1665 Hampshire Pike, 113 Pryor, Columbia, TN 38401. Your Alumni Representatives:
- Mr. Todd Benne
- Ms. Ranee Curtis
- Dr. Kae Fleming
- Dr. David Foster
- Ms. Trish Maskew
- Ms. Joanne Ring
- Ms. Dana Salters
- Mr. Tim Tisher
- Mr. Stephen Webb
- Ms. Sondra Wilson