All students will have a faculty advisor assigned to them during their first semester. To find your assigned advisor, select the "My Advisor" link under the “Student” TAB in your ChargerNet to see your primary advisor.
Educational decisions are ultimately the student's responsibility. However, it is important for every student to receive academic advising to ensure the best possible choices are made. New students must complete all admissions requirements and complete Right Start orientation during which they will meet with an advisor and register for classes. Students are responsible for:
- checking their Columbia State email regularly
- knowing the graduation requirements for their major
- obtaining requirements for transfer and graduation at the senior institution to which students plan to transfer
- making appointments with an advisor and keeping them
- knowing important dates such as changes to class schedules, deadlines, drop/withdrawal, etc.
- consulting with advisor or instructors for referrals to college resources when experiencing academic difficulty