Definition: You are interested in taking courses for college credit but not interested in pursuing a degree at this time.
Whether you’re looking to polish credentials in your current field or learn skills for a new profession altogether, Columbia State can help. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Request that your official transcript from your most recently attended institution be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. If you attended more than one undergraduate institution you may need to request additional transcripts to meet any prerequisite requirements.
- Request test scores if needed for course prerequisites or specific programs such as Nursing, Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology or Veterinary Technology.
- Immunization Information
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR)form for all exceptions.
- If you are a military veteran or classified as active duty military personnel, providing documentation of your military status will exempt you from further proof of immunization.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.