Academically Talented and Gifted Student
Definition: You are currently enrolled in a TN school, have a 3.2 or higher GPA and have an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) in which college courses are recommended.
We celebrate every child’s unique learning style and recognize that for some students, the age-appropriate classroom environment holds little in the way of challenge. For those designated as Academically Talented and Gifted Students
, Columbia State offers the opportunity to begin earning college credit while still in high school. If approved by your school, college courses may also apply towards high school requirements.
READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation & IEP
- Request that your official high school transcript and a copy of your IEP be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- You must have a 3.2 or higher GPA to participate in this program.
- Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- A Signed Letter of Consent from Student's Parent/Guardian
- A signed letter of recommendation/consent from the high school's principal which includes verification that coursework with Columbia State is required in the student's Individual Education Program (IEP)..
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.