Are You a…
First-Time College Freshman?
Definition: You have never attended college (unless as a dual enrollment student) and are interested in receiving a degree with Columbia State.
We’re glad you’re here! You’ve chosen a great place to begin your college career. No matter what courses you take or at which of our five campuses you take them, you’ll find that Columbia State’s entire faculty and staff
are here to help you further your educational dreams. READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Please Note: First-time applicants are required to pay a one-time, non-refundable $10 application fee with their initial application.
- Request Documentation
- Request that your official high school or GED transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Immunization Information
- If you intend on being a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per semester), you will need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines unless you fall into one of the exception categories. You can attend part-time (11 credit hours or less per semester) without MMR or Varicella (chickenpox) documentation. Please review the Certificate of Immunization (MMR) form for all exceptions.
- If you are a military veteran or classified as active duty military personnel, providing documentation of your military status will exempt you from further proof of immunization.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.
- Sign Up for Right Start Orientation
- The most important aspect of getting started at Columbia State is to make sure that you attend a Right Start Orientation. This orientation is designed to make sure you have all the information you need in order to find your way around, get into the right classes in the right sequences and that you learn about all of the resources that are available to help you succeed