Columbia State is committed to insuring that everyone is able to access classes and supporting materials to become successful students, faculty and staff.
If you need assistance in accessing a classroom, alternative formats for textbooks or any other assistive devices, to help you in the classroom and on our campuses or website, please contact our office of Disability Services
. This website:
We strive to make our website as accessible as possible, and to be in compliance with general web standards as well as the requirements of Section 508
Here is a short checklist of simple methods that we employ to make our websites more accessible:
- All images feature “alt” text describing the image being used.
- Images and colors are not used as sole conveyors of information.
- Web pages are organized and coded hierarchically and the information presented is readable without a style sheet.
- Web forms use proper HTML tags to indicate form elements.
- Tables are used for presentation of data only (not for layout). When used, tables have appropriate column and/or row headers.
- Videos embedded within our website should have synchronized captions.
We are also beginning to take advantage of the flexibility of HTML5 and CSS3. Using HTML5 and CSS3, we look towards a “responsive design,” intended to make the information on our site more readily accessible to visitors using mobile devices.