Tutoring at the Teaching & Learning Center
Don’t wait! TLC tutoring is FREE and offered to all students currently enrolled at Columbia State. Come in early and often and find your place in the TLC! General Tutoring Appointment Policy
MATH tutoring appointment policy:
- Tutoring appointments are encouraged; however, we do accept walk-ins as the schedule allows.
- Individual appointments are typically 30 minutes.
- Be on time, and be prepared with your questions.
- Some group tutoring may be offered, depending on need.
- Appointments can be made from week to week but no more than one week in advance.
- If an appointment is made and later needs to be cancelled, please email us or call one of the contact numbers below. (Please give as much notice as possible so that other students can be scheduled during those times.)
- Students who consistently miss appointments without notification could lose their tutoring privileges for the semester.
Due to the high demand for math tutoring, a student is only allowed to schedule two 30-minute appointments per week. Additional appointments may be available as schedule allows. SCIENCE tutoring policy:
Group appointments are encouraged and may exceed the individual session time limit. WRITING tutoring policy:
Writing tutors do not EDIT papers. Students are expected to participate in the tutoring session. About Our Tutors
The TLC staff is comprised of professional and student tutors, Peer Leaders, student volunteers, and Columbia State faculty. All tutors are trained to provide appropriate assistance.