Five Campuses - One SGA!
Apply to be a leader today!
Senator applications are available now!
TWO STUDENTS from each campus (Columbia, Lawrenceburg, Williamson, Lewisburg, and Clifton) are needed to fill ten SGA senate seats. Senators will be student-elected in the fall at each campus.
Keep an eye on your ChargerNet e-mail for more details on elections.
Senator Elections: September 6-8
Election Campaigning: September 2-8
Senator Announcement: September 9
Applications are due by September 1, 2016, to Jones Student Center 144, e-mailed to SGA@ColumbiaState.edu, or faxed to 931.560.4115. Eligible candidates with complete applications will be given approval from the Student Leadership Coordinator to begin campaigning.
SGA Senator Qualifications:
- Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Must be attending at least one class on the campus you'll be representing.
- SGA Senators take office in the fall and serve until the end of the academic year.
- Senators are student ambassadors that represent the students on their home campus to help make and shape important campus decisions.
- Senators also co-chair student activity boards on their campuses!
- Must be willing to dedicate time each week to Student Government.
Joint the SGA Charger Activity Programming Board (CAB)
Interested in joining SGA but not wishing to hold an elected position? Students at every campus have the opportunity to be involved with SGA through the Charger Activity Programming Board! CAB members will plan and carry out fun events on their campus. The CAB at each campus will be co-chaired by their campus Senators.
For more information on SGA involvement or to sign up for your Charger Activity Board, please contact SGA Advisor Cady Denton at cdenton2@ColumbiaState.edu
Interest Meeting Dates:
Want to know more about SGA? The Student Leadership Coordinator will be at each campus on the following dates to answer all of your questions. Come by and pick up an application or sign up for a Charger Activity Board!
Columbia - August 29 at 9;30am and 2:30pm, Napier Conference Room (JSC 141)
Lawrenceburg - August 30 at 12:30pm, Lawrence Campus Room 152
Clifton - August 30 at 2:30pm, Location TBA
Williamson - August 31 at 12:30pm, Admin Bldg Conference Rm 104
Lewisburg - August 31 at 2:30pm, Lewisburg Campus Room 133